03 April 2008

Brandon's Prom!

I don't know about you, but back in my day (that makes me sound SO old!), proms were always in May. Of course, if you go back another generation, they were also always in the school gym, but we had ours in a fancy downtown Atlanta hotel. So things change. Anyway, it seems that nowadays, proms are mostly in March! BRRRR for the poor girls in sleeveless/strapless dresses! Brandon went to two proms, so he says he's broke now... Prom tickets and tux rentals and such have gotten more expensive these days, too! His girlfriend goes to a different school, so they went to hers the week before Easter. Isn't she cute?
Brandon's Prom
And then two weeks after her prom, Brandon went with a group of friends to the prom for his school (he's in public school). His girlfriend had a schedule conflict, so she didn't go to that one. We took some pictures of them all on a very chilly/misty late afternoon at this BEAUTIFUL private Japanese garden that belongs to the neighbor of some of Brandon's friends. If it wasn't smack-dab in the middle of nowhere, we'd be begging this gentleman to use this place for some amazing on-location photo sessions. Maybe we still might do that because it really is gorgeous, acres & acres of gorgeous! And maybe there are a few folks, like maybe some sweet engaged lovey-dovey couple, who might be willing to drive 14 miles past nowhere to get there! We don't have enough land to do anything as elaborate as that, but I do hope to get our back yard that beautiful and photo-worthy someday!
Prom friends
Am I really old enough to be taking pictures of my kid going to prom? It made me feel old enough when my neices went to prom, but my own kid? True, I didn't give birth to Brandon, but technically I am old enough to be his biological mom. And I really can't take credit for his raising. He was already 13 when I became his step-mom. But I am very proud of the man he is becoming, and I am looking forward to seeing all that God has in store for him. I feel blessed and honored to be part of his life, and that I'll get to be a grandmother to his kids someday (how 'bout at least ten years or so from now, okay, Brandon!?!). I grew up having an "extra" grandmother, my dad's step-mother, and she was as much a grandmother to me as my two biological grandmothers were. I always thought it was neat that most kids had two grandmothers, but I had three. So Brandon's kids will get to have an extra grandmother, too

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top