16 May 2008

1000 Visits in 42 days!

OK, 1000 visits really isn't much when I go visit some other blogs and see a couple of extra zeros on the end of their numbers, but I was pretty excited when I hit over 1000 visits as of yesterday! This is a very young blog, and I started blogging mostly just to channel my enthusiastic ramblings; after all, I don't want to drive friends and family completely batty listening to me talk! {grin} I've always liked writing, but I've fallen out of the habit, except for very sporatically writing in a journal when I happen to have it handy. Blogging works much better for me. But people are actually reading it! Even people who did not previously know I existed. How cool is that?!?

Yesterday I spent a few minutes looking at my site meter details. Do you know that JUST YESTERDAY, I had visitors from FIVE countries (US, Mexico, Canada, Australia, and South Africa!!!) and THREE continents! Continents!!!! Africa, Australia, and North America!!! That blows my mind! Somebody geographically nearly 10,000 miles away from me read my blog!!! And the South African visitor found me through a Google search for "parts of a composite flower." A Google search found ME!!! Whoa, I better back of the exclamation point key or my laptop may explode or something. But this is just SO COOL.

Now, of course, unless a visitor leaves a comment (hint, hint!) I have no idea whether they actually liked what they read once they got here. They might have clicked on, looked around a minute, and said, "Nope. Not at all what I'm lookin' for." But still, I feel really, really, really cool right now. So keep comin' back and make me happy. {smile}

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top