29 May 2008

Square-Dancing CowGirl

I promised a goofier photo for this week's "Sincerely Fro' Me to You" and I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed! cowgirl JamieOh my, where to begin with this one? Let's ignore me there for a minute, if possible, and just admire the decorating. I like decorating, but not in the 70's. The linoleum is just, um, lovely, and goes so well with the brown shag carpet. And does anybody remember when hanging baskets on the walls was the coolest thing to do? My mom was fairly understated in this, and I'm glad. I had an aunt who took this basket wall-hanging thing to a new level, and I think there was no more than 3 square inches of wood paneling exposed anywhere in her home. Lovely.

Alright, let's go to me now. First of all, I did not dress like this every day. I wanted to, yes, but this was for a special occasion. You see, I was going to be doing a square-dance performance for the PTSA at my school. I was a big ol' dork in school; I took everything very seriously. I liked my square dancing, and was pretty darn good at it. It made me happy when we had those few weeks during the school year when we did square dancing instead of our regular P.E. stuff because I was a wimpy runt who usually got squashed doing any sort of sport, and NEVER EVER made it across the monkey bars or ever succeeded in doing even ONE chin-up EVER. Next time I'll share a photo that shows just what a runt I was, but for now, you'll just have to take my word for it. So I took this square-dancing seriously, and got so mad when I had a partner that was all goofy about cooties or just couldn't manage to keep count or remember what a do-si-do was. The "BEST" square-dancers were chosen to perform, and I was so proud. Not only that, but I got to wear my cowgirl get-up. I only wish you could read the belt buckle because I'm pretty sure it had my name on it. Try not to be jealous. (ha!) Thanks for playing along, and don't forget to visit "We are THAT Family" for more folks who are willing to embarrass themselves today!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top