This is a two-for-the-price-of-one post. It is first of all a post to celebrate my dad's 67th birthday, but also a post for the "Sincerely Fro' Me to You" Carnival at another fun blog where you can join in or just read some other fun posts.
My husband Ken took this great picture at Dad's house last Christmas. This is the first picture with ALL of "Dad's girls" since he became a great-grandpa: two daughters (Debbie's on the left, I'm to the right of Dad), three grand-daughters (Katie to the left of Dad, Sarah on the far right, and my daughter Kathryn in front of me), and the little gal is his great-granddaughter!
My dad is a tall, slim, pony-tailed, hard-working so-called "retired" guy who is happiest either hiking in the woods or riding his Harley. He built (literally, just him and a buddy to help) his own house a couple of years ago on Sassafrass Mountain in north Georgia, and enjoys frequent visits from a mama bear and three cubs. These are not things I thought that 67-year-olds did. That above photo was only taken a few months ago - does he look 66 to you? My dad, his parents, and several generations before them were all born here in Georgia, and if it's not obvious particularly from looking at my dad, some of those ancestors were Cherokee indian.
Now let's hop in the time machine for a minute. I thought of finding a really goofy picture of me and my dad, but this is sort of a happy-birthday-to-dad thing, so I'll save embarrassing photos for another day. So I chose this one:
My dad has always enjoyed the outdoors, and he is part of the reason that I do, too - though I admit I am not quite the nature-lover he is! I was probably about 10 in this picture, which would have put Dad in his early 40's. This was during a hike at Kennesaw Mountain. Check out my totally matching purple outfit; I most likely also have some kind of purple beaded barrette thing in my hair, too. {grin}
I can't wait to read other "Sincerely Fro' Me to You" posts. I promise my next one will feature a much more goofy and embarrassing picture of me! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Dad!!! Oh, wait! Neat coincidence here: I just realized that the antique vanity table I use as my desk was made in 1941 - the same year my dad was born! So I guess my dad's an antique (hee hee!)! Love ya, Dad!

My husband Ken took this great picture at Dad's house last Christmas. This is the first picture with ALL of "Dad's girls" since he became a great-grandpa: two daughters (Debbie's on the left, I'm to the right of Dad), three grand-daughters (Katie to the left of Dad, Sarah on the far right, and my daughter Kathryn in front of me), and the little gal is his great-granddaughter!
My dad is a tall, slim, pony-tailed, hard-working so-called "retired" guy who is happiest either hiking in the woods or riding his Harley. He built (literally, just him and a buddy to help) his own house a couple of years ago on Sassafrass Mountain in north Georgia, and enjoys frequent visits from a mama bear and three cubs. These are not things I thought that 67-year-olds did. That above photo was only taken a few months ago - does he look 66 to you? My dad, his parents, and several generations before them were all born here in Georgia, and if it's not obvious particularly from looking at my dad, some of those ancestors were Cherokee indian.Now let's hop in the time machine for a minute. I thought of finding a really goofy picture of me and my dad, but this is sort of a happy-birthday-to-dad thing, so I'll save embarrassing photos for another day. So I chose this one:
My dad has always enjoyed the outdoors, and he is part of the reason that I do, too - though I admit I am not quite the nature-lover he is! I was probably about 10 in this picture, which would have put Dad in his early 40's. This was during a hike at Kennesaw Mountain. Check out my totally matching purple outfit; I most likely also have some kind of purple beaded barrette thing in my hair, too. {grin}I can't wait to read other "Sincerely Fro' Me to You" posts. I promise my next one will feature a much more goofy and embarrassing picture of me! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Dad!!! Oh, wait! Neat coincidence here: I just realized that the antique vanity table I use as my desk was made in 1941 - the same year my dad was born! So I guess my dad's an antique (hee hee!)! Love ya, Dad!


