My husband and I both have blogs, and my daughter loves to read both of ours. She's familiar with the bloggers who often leave me comments. She suggests topics for my blog posts. She's even told me that she's proud of me for talking about my faith here on my blog. So it was only a matter of time before Kathryn started wanting to blog herself.
A few weeks ago, Kathryn started asking how old she had to be before she could have a blog--I told her I'd think about it, and that there would be a lot of rules she'd have to follow. I'd have to read every post before she publishes it, I'd have to moderate all comments, and I'd have to be the blog administrator. As I thought about it more, I realized that blogging might be a great way to inspire her to work on her typing skills, and a great form of narrating about her day or a favorite book or some activity we've done. Although Charlotte Mason probably never dreamed of the days of computers and blogs, I think she'd approve of using technology to our advantage. {smile}
So this week, Kathryn joined the blogging world. She decided to name her blog "Faith Girl" and although I've done the actual set up, I let her make all the decisions about what to put on her blog, what fonts to use, and the overall design of the blog. A little after she'd done her first post, she said, "You know what, Mama? I feel really grown up now that I have my own blog." I know she'd get a kick out of seeing more visitors on her counter and map (she really wanted both of those things on her blog!) and she'll love having comments on whatever she posts, so please stop by and leave an encouraging word for her when you get a chance.

A few weeks ago, Kathryn started asking how old she had to be before she could have a blog--I told her I'd think about it, and that there would be a lot of rules she'd have to follow. I'd have to read every post before she publishes it, I'd have to moderate all comments, and I'd have to be the blog administrator. As I thought about it more, I realized that blogging might be a great way to inspire her to work on her typing skills, and a great form of narrating about her day or a favorite book or some activity we've done. Although Charlotte Mason probably never dreamed of the days of computers and blogs, I think she'd approve of using technology to our advantage. {smile}
So this week, Kathryn joined the blogging world. She decided to name her blog "Faith Girl" and although I've done the actual set up, I let her make all the decisions about what to put on her blog, what fonts to use, and the overall design of the blog. A little after she'd done her first post, she said, "You know what, Mama? I feel really grown up now that I have my own blog." I know she'd get a kick out of seeing more visitors on her counter and map (she really wanted both of those things on her blog!) and she'll love having comments on whatever she posts, so please stop by and leave an encouraging word for her when you get a chance.


