25 September 2008

Roller Skating Fun

It's been a while since I played along with Sincerely Fro' Me to You, so today seems like a good day to join in again. I'm guessing this photo was probably taken around this time of year, based on clothing and such. This is my much more coordinated cousin Shannon trying to help me roller skate in the driveway of my house. Note how cute she is with her blonde braids and pink pompoms on her skates--then note how awkward and knee-padded I am! It also appears that we're holding an apple or something; I'm not sure what's up with that. Shannon and Jamie skatingI'm about twelve here, which would make Shannon about ten. Shannon did gymnastics and all sorts of things that required coordination so as not to seriously injure oneself. I remember that she had a trampoline in her yard, too, and could do all kinds of flips and impressive tricks on it. I just bounced up and down, satisfied with that as thrill enough so as not to break mulitiple body parts. Did I ever mention I broke my arm just trying to catch a ball while playing kickball in school? I still know the guy that kicked the ball that day, and I still give him a hard time about breaking my arm. {hee hee}

Shannon and I were like sisters, and spent as much time at each other's houses as our parents would allow. We've been on double dates, we've worked together at several jobs, and although the demands of family life don't allow us to spend as much time together these days, I still love her like a sister. She never did manage to get me good at roller skating... and she's still way more coordinated than I am! {grin}

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top