Kathryn and I made some seriously yummy muffins last week, and they've gone over so well in our house (even with my oh-so-picky child), that I wanted to share this recipe with you. I think they're perfect for this time of year!
Apple Oat Muffins
2 cups old-fashioned oats> 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup brown sugar, packed 2 tsp baking powder ¾ tsp baking soda ¾ tsp salt ½ tsp ground cinnamon 1 cup buttermilk 2 Tbsp applesauce (instead of veg. oil) 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 cup shredded apple (Granny Smith or other slightly tart apple would be best)
Preheat oven to 400 F. In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, & ground cinnamon.
In medium bowl, with fork, beat buttermilk, oil, and egg til well blended; stir in shredded apples. Add apple mixture to flour mixture; stir til flour mixture is moist. Batter will be thick & lumpy. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pan. Bake 20 – 25 minutes. Makes 12 standard-size muffins.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we have!
Apple Oat MuffinsPreheat oven to 400 F. In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, & ground cinnamon.
In medium bowl, with fork, beat buttermilk, oil, and egg til well blended; stir in shredded apples. Add apple mixture to flour mixture; stir til flour mixture is moist. Batter will be thick & lumpy. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pan. Bake 20 – 25 minutes. Makes 12 standard-size muffins.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we have!

