17 October 2008

My Husband Rocks - Priorities

my husband rocks

It's time for another episode of my husband rocks!

One of the many things I love about Ken is that he's affectionate just because, and not only as a prelude to something more. Even though I'm somewhat delirious in the mornings (he gets up BEFORE 5AM, people!!!), he always gives me a good-morning kiss, and we always have a glad-to-see-you hug and kiss when he comes home from work. True, sometimes it's more enthusiastic than others--but that partly depends on whether we have an audience. {grin} We hold hands often. If I'm busy doing something and he walks by, he'll give me a little squeeze or kiss the top of my head if I'm sitting and reading. I really appreciate these little gestures of affection.

Ken and Jamie
(Kathryn took this photo last weekend. She's our budding photographer.)

Recently Ken and I realized that we were allowing ourselves to become too busy on the evenings when we are both home. Whether it was editing pictures, or finishing household chores, etc., we just weren't making a big enough effort to have "face time" together. So lately we've been making sure that we finish whatever needs doing before Kathryn goes to bed, so that after she is in bed, we can just hang out: talk about our day, try to fill in a crossword puzzle, make plans for a weekend getaway sometime soon... it's these little things that help cement our bond, and show each other that we make our marriage a priority. If we don't do it in the little things, we're not very likely to do it in the big things.

So, how does your spouse rock?

Hop on over to Katy's blog to share your own my husband rocks post or to read others.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top