18 July 2009

PhotoWalk

Photo WalkToday Ken and Lindsey and I took part in the second annual world-wide Scott Kelby PhotoWalk. The walk we participated in was in historic Roswell, a town square near here. Ken and I have been there several times, but have mostly visited the area near the waterfall, river, and pedestrian bridge. This time we ventured in and around historic homes. The weather this morning was just beautiful, nice and cool in the shade, with a lovely breeze. We don't get very many mornings like that in July, so it was sooooo pleasant!

Lindsey used one of our back-up cameras, and we gave her a little crash course in using it; last night, she and Ken even went on their own little neighborhood photowalk. I brought only my camera and one lens today. No flashes, no big honkin' lens, or any of that. I just wanted to enjoy the morning, not lug around a heavy load of stuff. Besides, I like to challenge myself to get good shots without the need for an armory of fancy gadgets.

This photo cracks me up: Lindsey and I walking past a "Do Not Enter" sign. Hee hee! (Obviously Ken took it!)Do Not Enter Lindsey has a rather silly side. Which means she fits into our goofball family just perfectly. I had no idea she was doing this behind me. When I saw it, the first thing that came to mind was how I was joking with friends about giving birth to a teenager (when they congratulated me on our new daughter). See, this is what happens when you give birth to a child larger than yourself: arms and legs sticking out in all directions!Jamie and Lindsey We loved this grape arbor at Barrington Hall. Interesting light, and a wonderfully cool long tunnel of grapes:Ken and Lindsey Did I mention that Lindsey has a silly side? (This is in the grape arbor, too.)silly LindseyWe learned a bit about the history of this place, and Lindsey thought it was cool that the grand-daughter of the original owner was adopted. After her death, the home changed hands several times, and is now owned by the City and open for tours.

I liked this summer bath house/ice house/creamery. This part, the creamery, makes me think of a Vermeer painting. There just needs to be a pretty Dutch girl in there.creameryOn the way to Bulloch Hall, the childhood home of the woman who would become Teddy Roosevelt's wife, we saw this beautiful Victorian style home. future Rose CottageYes, obviously I added soem effects to this one, but that's just fun sometimes. I love this house! Just needs more flowers. Wouldn't it be a wonderful Rose Cottage!?

Hmmm... learning about history, architecture, photography, and even getting a good dose of exercise... I think this counts as Lindsey's first homeschool field trip! {grin}


  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top