We didn't plan it this way, but several of us gals ended up wearing plum colored shirts the morning we went to set up for the Family-Wise conference. Since it was a fairly uncommon color, we all thought it was amusing. It was even funnier after we'd seen the decorations for the conference, because we all matched the grapes!

Before we even started decorating, though, we prayed over the place. Odd how oppressive it felt before, and how much lighter it felt after. Once everything was done, we sat at the tables we'd be at that evening (to lead the group), and prayed for the individuals and couples that would be attending.
That evening, and the entire next day was the conference, complete with morning and afternoon tea breaks! Hurray for tea! I throughly enjoyed my time in a country that celebrates tea, but even better than that was the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people! I was completely blown away by the fact that we had SIX nations represented at our table of nine (including us)! One couple was from Tanzania, and they were both lecturers at University; another couple was from Zimbabwe, and they were both nurses at a hospital; another gentleman was from Ethiopia, and he was an anesthesiologist; another fellow was from the UK and worked for Unicef; his wife was from Uganda and "in charge of the Ministry of Home Affairs." (I'm adopting this title for myself!) Everyone there spoke at least two languages fluently, but most spoke three. We felt like we needed to come home and learn another language because we are wasting large portions of brains!

Beyond being well-educated, and in most cases, well-traveled, these folks were kind, polite, and just plain pleasant to talk to. The entire time we were in Africa, I honestly did not meet anyone that was anything less than likeable; I sure hope they thought the same of us!
Denise rallied from her illness, and David's voice held out. They did an excellent job with the teaching, and everyone seemed very receptive. The discussions at our table were wonderful. Again, I was amazed that something planned and organized from three continents went so well! Part of the planning was done by our trip leader here in the states, part of it was done by the OBC folks in Botswana, and part of it done by the Glenns in Australia!

One of the best parts was worship time; the OBC praise team lead us singing songs in English and some in the native language Setswana. The thought that we were praising God with all those different nations was overwhelming. One of my team member/friends was in tears about the awesomeness of it all; as for me, I just couldn't stop grinning. Just think: that's what it'll be like in heaven!
I never could have imagined it. But God did. Doesn't that blow your mind?

That evening, and the entire next day was the conference, complete with morning and afternoon tea breaks! Hurray for tea! I throughly enjoyed my time in a country that celebrates tea, but even better than that was the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people! I was completely blown away by the fact that we had SIX nations represented at our table of nine (including us)! One couple was from Tanzania, and they were both lecturers at University; another couple was from Zimbabwe, and they were both nurses at a hospital; another gentleman was from Ethiopia, and he was an anesthesiologist; another fellow was from the UK and worked for Unicef; his wife was from Uganda and "in charge of the Ministry of Home Affairs." (I'm adopting this title for myself!) Everyone there spoke at least two languages fluently, but most spoke three. We felt like we needed to come home and learn another language because we are wasting large portions of brains!

Denise rallied from her illness, and David's voice held out. They did an excellent job with the teaching, and everyone seemed very receptive. The discussions at our table were wonderful. Again, I was amazed that something planned and organized from three continents went so well! Part of the planning was done by our trip leader here in the states, part of it was done by the OBC folks in Botswana, and part of it done by the Glenns in Australia!

One of the best parts was worship time; the OBC praise team lead us singing songs in English and some in the native language Setswana. The thought that we were praising God with all those different nations was overwhelming. One of my team member/friends was in tears about the awesomeness of it all; as for me, I just couldn't stop grinning. Just think: that's what it'll be like in heaven!
I never could have imagined it. But God did. Doesn't that blow your mind?

