12 September 2009

Let's Brighten Things Up!

I love what a little paint can do (like in this post)!

In this case, we used it to brighten up a very bland nursery room at Open Baptist Church! Our team painted Bible-themed murals, and the folks there will finish them up by adding a few verses.
painting
While we were there, a boy named John wandered in and wanted to help. He went around chatting with all of us, and helped paint the boat in one of the murals. When we stopped for lunch he came, too. Any time we took a photo, he wanted to take a photo, too--and we let him, as long as he put the strap around his neck so he didn't drop the camera! I didn't notice the holes in the bottom of his shoes until I looked at the photos later.
painting
Here, Ken's putting some finishing touches on the mural of Jesus and the children...
painting

This was so much fun, and the room looks SO much more cheerful now!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top