I found a new (new to me, anyway) meme today and thought I'd play along. You can, too! Stop by Amber's blog to participate.
1. Turkey or Ham? Deep-fried turkey! Sounds weird, but it's quite yummy and never dry. Dad's bringing his turkey-frying contraption and he's in charge of that. But there will also be a small ham, courtesy of Mom's employer; every year at Thanksgiving they get a gift certificate to Honey-Baked Ham. Much better than when my hubby's former employer gave each employee and actual frozen bird to take home.
2. Favorite side dish. Tough call. I'm gonna say sweet potato souffle, but without nuts.
3. Favorite dessert. Sheesh! Another tough call. But since it's on my menu this year, I'll go with chocolate chess pie.
4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? Not likely. I'm usually a pretty nice person, but crowds full of pushy and often grumpy people make me not so nice.
5. If so, what's on the top of your list? Nothing, really.
6. Going out of town or staying close to home? Almost all of our family lives nearby so we never go out of town for the holidays. This year we're extra close to home, since we'll be doing Thanksgiving dinner at our house for the first time ever!
7. Hosting or helping? Hosting! But in previous years, I've just helped.
8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving. Another day-after get-together to finish off the leftovers! My hubby and our college-age son Brandon love this tradition!
9. What do you do after dinner? Relax, chit-chat, probably feel overly full!
10. What are you most thankful for this year? I can't pick what I'm most thankful for (too many to list!), but a new one for this year is that we're very thankful our soon-to-be adopted teenage daughter Lindsey has joined our family!


