Every year, our church has a Father-Daughter Valentine's Dance. Last year Ken went as the photographer; we didn't even know Lindsey yet, and Kathryn wasn't old enough to go to the big girls' dance. But this year, Ken was blessed to be able to take both daughters! Lindsey borrowed a dress from a friend (also named Lindsey!), and it fit her perfectly. Kathryn didn't have anything suitable, so we found an adorable dress on sale; it met her Valentine-ish requirements, and will work well as a church dress, even in the spring. Both girls decided that they wanted to surprise Ken with their dresses until the night of the dance. How cute is that!?
In the afternoon, we turned Rose Cottage into a salon. {grin}
First, I painted the girls' nails to coordinate with their dresses. Then it was time for hair: Lindsey requested an updo, so I had to pull from my memory banks for back in the days when I used to do my (both now grown) nieces' hair for prom. Kathryn was my assistant.
Lindsey let me do her make-up, too, and I offered to let her borrow some earrings that perfectly matched the "bling" on the dress.

When Lindsey's 'do was done, it was Kathryn's turn.
She wanted a retro hairstyle to go with her retro dress. I think I have created a retro monster!
Aren't my girls positively g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s???
(I let Kathryn wear red lipstick just for a photo, because it was very retro, but had her blot it off before leaving the house.)
Doesn't Ken look like a proud papa?
He is a wonderful blessing to me, and to our girls as well.
I know this night will be a special memory for the girls, but also for me, and for Ken. I enjoyed quality time with the girls as I helped them get ready, and Ken was able to escort these beautiful young ladies to a dance. He is showing them by example how a gentleman ought to treat a lady. We want our girls to have very high expectations for the kind of young man who will someday be trusted with their hearts. For Lindsey's 15th birthday, Ken took her on a "Daddy Date" and presented her with a purity ring, and discussed what that means: that she is promising God to keep her heart and body pure, and Ken, as her father, is promising to protect her and to help her keep her promise to God.
I treasure times like this. I am so very blessed, and so very thankful.
In the afternoon, we turned Rose Cottage into a salon. {grin}
First, I painted the girls' nails to coordinate with their dresses. Then it was time for hair: Lindsey requested an updo, so I had to pull from my memory banks for back in the days when I used to do my (both now grown) nieces' hair for prom. Kathryn was my assistant.


She wanted a retro hairstyle to go with her retro dress. I think I have created a retro monster!

(I let Kathryn wear red lipstick just for a photo, because it was very retro, but had her blot it off before leaving the house.)

He is a wonderful blessing to me, and to our girls as well.

I treasure times like this. I am so very blessed, and so very thankful.

