24 March 2010

Five Fabulous Years

"This is my beloved and this is my friend..."
Song of Solomon 5:16
Five years ago today, I married this man:
It was a smart decision on my part.

He buys me chocolate! We don't do gifts, but this is one gift I'll gladly accept! {grin}
But truly, I love him for much more than the chocolate.

He loves me unconditionally. He has a servant heart. He rescues me from spiders and other creepy insects. He does yard work. He prays for me. He prays with me. He opened his heart to love my child (Kathryn) as his own when we got married. He opened his heart to make a stranger's child his own (Lindsey) when we adopted. He is quite handy at fixing things around the house. He is my own personal in-house Information Technology guy. He's fun to dance with. He makes me laugh, and he laughs at me. He makes life more fun, and his kisses can still make me weak in the knees.

I'm looking forward to many more years of doing life with my lover and friend.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top