12 May 2008

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's my Husband!

Meet SuperMan:Ken (aka SuperMan)OK, Ken can't actually fly - in this case, he is playing on the swings with Kathryn. But being silly when it's appropriate is one of the things I love about him. And a few years ago, he did play SuperMan (complete with the costume!) in a little skit at our old church where he had to run around saving people from dangers like snakes and Jaws the shark. It was hilarious, and so last-minute that I didn't bring my camera, so I have no photographic evidence that this happened. But I do have witnesses. {smile}

So he can't fly, but he is still SuperMan. By day, he is mild-mannered IT guy for a small company. He can't leap over tall buildings, but he is able to fix stuff that breaks. He's not quite faster than a speeding bullet, but he's pretty quick when Kathryn calls "BugMan" if she spots a bug in the house. He may not be stronger than a locomotive, but he can dance me off my feet. He's up for almost any challenge, whether it's figuring out how to photograph a bird nest in a fence post, fixing a difficult problem at work, installing a new kitchen faucet, or creating the real-life versions of my dreamed up designs for making a headboard or designing built-in bookcases.

Spiritually, he is a wonderful leader because of his willingness to serve others. His relationship with God is not complicated, and it's the simplicity of Ken's faith that makes it so genuine and beautiful. Ken loves me exactly the way I am, and he encourages me in all I do. His unconditional love inspires me to want to become a better wife. He is my hero, and I'll be his Lois Lane any day.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top