11 May 2008

A Proper Introduction!

Please allow me to introduce myself properly:

I'm Jamie, a Georgia-born-and-raised, homeschooling, flower-loving, blog-addicted (not really ~ well, ok, maybe!), mama.Mother's Day 2008 I'm married to the love of my life - he makes me laugh and his kisses still make me weak in the knees. I love cottage-style homes, the birds that frequent my yard, and my crazy mutt. I think more clearly with a steaming hot cup of tea in hand - preferably green tea - and I admit to being a tea snob; only good-quality loose-leaf tea for me! My husband and I LOVE photography, so last December we made the decision to officially go "pro" and begin a photography business of our own. We love working together, and really complement each other's styles; for now Ken still has a "day" job to pay the bills, but we hope in a few years to be doing photography full time.

I love my garden, although I'm actually pretty new to flower gardening. We began that when we moved here a little over three years ago, and I've been teaching myself by trial and error, as well as some good gardening books and magazines. I grew up with a veggie garden, and I think at least a little bit of the times I "helped" must have stuck with me...

Our family is a blended one, complete with the challenges that go along with it. But we're relying on Christ to make it all work, and He's doing a fabulous job of it! My stepson is almost 17, and finishing up his junior year of high school. He loves music and wants to make a career of it, possibly as a band teacher. My daughter is seven and we have just a couple of weeks of 1st grade left to go. I feel so blessed to be able to homeschool, and I learn so much right along with her! We are also in the process of adopting a child through the state foster care system. The process seems slow, but once we get to the point of actually meeting the child, I'm sure time will fly.

I have a lot more wisdom than I once did (and a few more “silver” hairs, too!), but I have such a LONG way to go. Thankfully, God is still molding me and shaping me. My goal is to keep on learning every day of my life. I’m nothing special on my own; I’m just a little clay pot that gets it’s value from the treasure inside - and that’s Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:7 - “We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.”
I hope you'll come back and visit me again soon, and thanks for taking time to get to know me a little!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top