24 May 2008

That's My Girl!

Yesterday morning, I found this note right in front of my tea station: "Make Kathryn some Genmai." post-it noteThe night before, Kathryn had asked me to make her some genmai (the japanese green tea I drink EVERY day!), but it was almost bedtime when she asked, so I told her to "remind me tomorrow." A little later, she asked where my sticky notes were; she knows that I am a well-meaning but sometimes forgetful Mama unless I write it down! Also note the castle and princess adorning the note. I suppose drinking tea makes her feel a bit like royalty. {smile}

my tea girlThat's my girl: sitting in the slipcovered antique wingback, sipping her hot green tea from a blue & white china teacup. It wasn't til adulthood that I learned how fabulous hot tea is, but I've taught her well! Kathryn's very favorite tea is a black tea with almond bits and cinnamon called "almond cookie", and we add a bit of sugar and milk to our black teas. She told me today, as she was drinking her tea, that she would like to have tea more often - like every day. Aaah, words that makes a tea-loving mother proud.

MY monkey slippers!Did you notice that my child has stolen my monkey slippers???

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top