26 May 2008

Memorial Day Thanks

Normally, I post something nearly every day, but I'm a little thrown off right now because we were called to do another NILMDTS session for a baby in the NICU at a local hospital on Saturday morning. He was born premature, and held on for 6 days, but didn't make it. My heart breaks for his family. After we returned home from doing this session, my heart was too heavy and my mind too scattered to write much of anything. I have only just started working on his photos; they'll need a little PhotoShop done, and then we'll start working on the slideshow for his family. I can only work on them a little at a time because it tends to be emotionally draining. Sometime later, when I can organize my thoughts about this a little better, I want to share what lessons these sessions have imprinted on my heart.

Now onto today's topic... Memorial DAY 2001 The photo above isn't great quality because it is just a photo of a photo; it was taken before I went digital, and I can't seem to find the negatives. This is Kathryn at 8 months old (Memorial Day of 2001) sitting next to the memorial marker for my great-uncle George Walker. He was taken prisoner during WWII and died when the ship he was on (as a POW) was sunk. He was lost at sea, but his marker is here in the Marietta National Cemetary. As far as I know, he is the only relative I have who actually died in service to our country, but many of my relatives have served. To them, and to all those past and present who protect our country and help preserve the freedoms we have, I want to say a big THANK YOU!

Ken got a beautiful sunrise photo at the National Cemetary this morning.

As I think today about all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice of giving up their lives for us, I also have to think of the One who made THE ultimate sacrifice for all of us: Jesus Christ. I hope and pray that I will live my life in a way that will bring glory and praise to him because that's the only way I can thank him for what he did for me on that wonderful cross.

I promise to be back to my normally perkier posts by tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, and please go hug a soldier and thank your Savior.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top