I found a wonderful poem posted by Kysha at Love's School today. I'm posting an exerpt, but visit her blog to read the whole poem:
That really is what it's all about. Test scores and grades don't matter much. I hear so many in the homeschool world concerned about "gaps" in their child's education-- but the biggest gap they could have is to not know God.

I Have Not Been Educated
by Carolyn Caines
"If I learn my ABCs, can read 600 words per minute, and can write with perfect penmanship, but have not been shown how to communicate with the Designer of all language,
I HAVE NOT BEEN EDUCATED . . .
If I have memorized addition facts, multiplication tables, and chemical formulas, but have never been disciplined to hide God's Word in my heart,
I HAVE NOT BEEN EDUCATED . . .
If I can play the piano, the violin, six other instruments, and can write music that moves men to tears, but have not been taught to listen to the Director of the universe and worship Him,
I HAVE NOT BEEN EDUCATED . . .
However, if one day I see the world as God sees it, and come to know Him, Whom to know is life eternal, and glorify God by fulfilling His purpose for me,
THEN I HAVE BEEN EDUCATED!"
That really is what it's all about. Test scores and grades don't matter much. I hear so many in the homeschool world concerned about "gaps" in their child's education-- but the biggest gap they could have is to not know God.


