12 June 2008

I was a Princess... Leia, that is!

I don't particularly care for the holiday now, but as a kid, Halloween was nearly as exciting as Christmas. Perhaps because of the overwhelming amount of sugary goodness I knew I'd get in my pumpkin-shaped bucket, but also because it was a day where everybody played dress-up! And my mom always did a great job making my costumes. (Oh, if only I had a photo of the monkey costume she made for me for "The Jungle Book" play at school!)
Princess Leia
This photo pretty much speaks for itself. Yes, I loved StarWars, even though I wasn't allowed to see the movie 'til I was older. Yes, I had some of the action figures, and often played with the neighbor boys because THEY had even cooler, bigger StarWars toys. Yes, I loved my light saber. And yes, that really is fake fur for my Princess Leia hair-do. Look how serious I am; apparently I was getting into character and ready to face those mean ol' Storm Troopers! And are those actually my fancy patent leather mary janes I'm wearing with this get-up?

For more fun today, see what memories others are sharing at today's "Sincerely Fro' Me to You"

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top