03 July 2008

Lady Liberty

I don't think you'll be disappointed with this "Sincerely Fro' Me to You" post.
After all, we have all the necessary ingredients:

  1. an old photo of me (circa 1981 or so)
  2. patriotic spirit in honor of Independence Day
  3. not one, but TWO photos to make fun of
So without further ado, I present . . .

The Statue of Liberty!Lady Liberty Statue of Liberty

Mom guesses I was about 9 years old in these photos. I don't remember many of the specifics here, except that my Mom & I made this outfit for a school project -- an assignment to dress as a historical figure or a character in a book or something like that. I do remember parading around several other classrooms dressed this way. And when halloween came around that year, I went in this costume while my friend Lisa dressed as the Big Bad Wolf. What a site that must've been! What cracks me up most about these photos is the look on my face; I took my job as Lady Liberty very seriously. You've got to give me credit, though -- not just any girl can pull off looking so dignified while wearing a bed sheet and an aluminum foil crown.

When you stop laughing, please leave a comment. Visit Kristen for more flashback fun today, and have a wonderful, safe 4th of July weekend! God Bless America!


  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top