29 August 2008

No Greater Joy

"Teach them [God's words] to your children, talking about them... when you walk along the road..." Deuteronomy 11:19
As we were enjoying a cool morning walk yesterday, we stopped to admire some lovely pinkish-purple morning glories. We watched a tiny butterfly flitting around and nearly disappear into one of the trumpet-shaped flowers. I explained to Kathryn about how they close up when it gets hot later in the day, and that's why they are called morning glories. I told her there is another variety called moon flowers that only open up at night, but they still get pollinated by moths (which were a recent nature study). She thought a moment, and said, "God had plan for everything!"

That little statement blessed me so much. It doesn't really matter if we have a day of butting heads, or we don't get everything done on our to-do list; Kathryn is learning what is MOST important, and that fills my heart with joy. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." (3 John 1:4)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top