"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." -- George Eliot
Autumn--my favorite time of year--begins this weekend! I am loving the cooler weather we've been having, and I'm very pleased that Lacy the Wonder Dog is now well-behaved enough on a leash that she can come along on our morning walks. As soon as it gets just a little cooler, I feel a major baking spree coming on. Cool weather makes me want to bake cookies and muffins and apple pies and pumpkin bread... and more! I'll probably be trying out new recipes for various baked goodies on my Bible study gals (be prepared, ladies!).I tend to be more crafty in the fall and winter, too; I'm hoping I'll be motivated enough to actually finish my lovely cross-stitch of a vintage rose seed pack. I started it in the spring, but once it got hot, I just didn't want to work on it anymore. I think I'd be much more productive if I lived in a cooler part of the country; I'd probably be pleasantly plump, too, with all that baking I'd be doing. {grin}
Come to think of it, though, I also love to get outside in the cooler weather and do things like go hiking, or just take more frequent, longer walks. Explore a craft fair. Walk around a little town square and visit all the nifty little shops there. Finally dig up the last of my stubborn mint in the front flower bed. In addition to all of that, I usually revamp my decorating a little and try to host a few get-togethers. I already have plans to host a ladies' brunch in November, and I'm so excited! When I let myself run wild with entertaining, it gets kinda crazy. I go a little Martha Stewart if I'm not careful; I have to rein myself in or else make myself nuts, and remind myself that I don't have the budget or the staff that she does! I suppose that autumn just makes me more enthusiastic about everything. I'd love to hear what you'll be doing to enjoy this lovely time of year!


