
Once again today Kathryn and I had afternoon tea. We didn't "fancy it up" as much today, but still brought out the lace tablecloth and our new teapot and teacups. Kathryn requested Almond Cookie black tea again today, and we like to drink that one with milk and sugar. She says it makes her feel very English. {smile}
Kathryn did most of the poetry reading today. I love the dramatic emphasis she adds to it. In the Anne of Green Gables play, she recited a poem in the White Sands scene, and did wonderfully! There is no boring poetry reading with her; she adds inflections to her voice, and sometimes even a bit of an accent, even when it's just the two of us at the kitchen table. It's quite entertaining.
At first she didn't want me taking a picture of her while she was reading, but I appealed to her dramatic, sentimental side, and told her that when she's my age--and I'm much older--I will want a photo to help me remember that moment. So she humored me.
I love that we have these opportunities for some mother-daughter time that we wouldn't have if we didn't homeschool. I really treasure these times; I think she does too, and that when she's older she'll look back fondly on tea time with Mama.
Kathryn did most of the poetry reading today. I love the dramatic emphasis she adds to it. In the Anne of Green Gables play, she recited a poem in the White Sands scene, and did wonderfully! There is no boring poetry reading with her; she adds inflections to her voice, and sometimes even a bit of an accent, even when it's just the two of us at the kitchen table. It's quite entertaining.
At first she didn't want me taking a picture of her while she was reading, but I appealed to her dramatic, sentimental side, and told her that when she's my age--and I'm much older--I will want a photo to help me remember that moment. So she humored me.
I love that we have these opportunities for some mother-daughter time that we wouldn't have if we didn't homeschool. I really treasure these times; I think she does too, and that when she's older she'll look back fondly on tea time with Mama.

