Y'all, I can't believe it. My baby--my baby--is eight years old today. {sigh} It doesn't seem like it's possible that it was eight years ago that she came into the world, and I began the most amazing journey of my life: motherhood.
Motherhood truly is, as the saying goes, "The toughest job you'll ever love." Through being a mother, I've learned so much about God's love: I've learned that He really did love us even before he created us; that He loves us even on our cranky, disobedient days; that He truly does do what's best for us, even if it's not what we think is best for us; and that it is possible to love someone enough to be willing to die for them. And most of all, He has stretched the capacity of my heart to a size so much bigger than I ever thought possible.
My baby is becoming such a grown up little lady, and I'm so blessed and honored that God chose me to be her mother and to let me participate in shaping her into the person He wants her to become.

Motherhood truly is, as the saying goes, "The toughest job you'll ever love." Through being a mother, I've learned so much about God's love: I've learned that He really did love us even before he created us; that He loves us even on our cranky, disobedient days; that He truly does do what's best for us, even if it's not what we think is best for us; and that it is possible to love someone enough to be willing to die for them. And most of all, He has stretched the capacity of my heart to a size so much bigger than I ever thought possible.
My baby is becoming such a grown up little lady, and I'm so blessed and honored that God chose me to be her mother and to let me participate in shaping her into the person He wants her to become.


