27 September 2008

A Frustrating Update

Yesterday brought some aggravating news: our adoption case study fell through the cracks. We were told FIVE months ago that it had been submitted, and if everything went as planned, we expected to be officially approved by early June. Our first caseworker did our homestudy, and we received her letter informing us of her resignation the week after she told us she sent our study in to be reviewed by the state. There was a gap of a few weeks before our new caseworker Lilly started; we met Lilly and liked her, but less than a month after that, she informed us that she would be leaving the agency as well. We've now been assigned to a new caseworker, but we have not met her or received any communication from her yet.

Though we had been reassured that things were just a little slow, we've been wondering what in the world could be taking so long. Yesterday we called again to check on things and had to leave a message. Shortly after that, I received an email asking to verify a piece of information so they could get our study ready to send in. WHOA! Wait a minute! Get it ready to send in???? What happened to sending it in FIVE months ago?!?

I responded with the requested information and included a very polite request to inform us WHY this was not sent in as we were told. A few minutes later, the supervisor called and apologized. I told her that we were very frustrated, and that although I really felt like ranting and raving, I knew it would not be beneficial to anyone. She assures me that she will be reviewing the file to get it sent in next week.

At first, I was really just thinking about how aggravating this is for us, but then I realized that this slip-up has also delayed a child in finding a permanent home--and that's even MORE frustrating. I'll be diligent in following up on all this next week; in other words, I'll be a pest! I'll update when I know anything more...

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top