Sometimes I wonder where my blog friends--you know, the ones who live in my computer--spend their computer time. So I'm sharing my own little spot. 
Allow me to give you a tour:
At left is the 1915 antique upright piano, we bought as a first anniversary present to ourselves. We wanted an antique piano stool to go with it, but couldn't find one in good condition that wasn't expensive. So we bought an artist stool at Hobby Lobby, and I distressed it (so fun!) and stained it to match the piano. I am pleased with how it came out. Except for the lack of glass ball & claw feet, it looks just like the antique one I saw on Ebay. And ours only cost $15!
In the far left corner is my 1940's red velvet chair, which originally belonged to my late grandmother. This comfy little chair with original finish and upholstery even survived the time in my first house when a pipe burst, flooding the room and causing the ceiling to collapse on this chair. I thought it was ruined, but a thorough drying was all it needed.
The view from the windows is my back yard. I love being able to watch Kathryn and Lacy play in the yard while I'm on the computer. Birds, squirrels, and chipmunks make frequent appearances, and I can also see the hummingbird feeder and our little garden from here.
My desk is an antique store find. It was refinished before I bought it, but it still has the original label, which tells me that this "toilet table" was originally finished in french gray, and manufactured by The Davis Cabinet Company on May 8, 1941. Pretty neat! It's just a couple of weeks older than my dad. ;-)
Currently my seat is an old doctor's stool. It doesn't match, but it's comfy and height-adjustable, and there is a slipcover in it's future. The old sofa was also my late grandmother's. I plan to reupholster it, but it's a little complicated for me to do myself, and a little too expensive for me to hire out anytime soon.
So now, tell me about your spot...


Allow me to give you a tour:
At left is the 1915 antique upright piano, we bought as a first anniversary present to ourselves. We wanted an antique piano stool to go with it, but couldn't find one in good condition that wasn't expensive. So we bought an artist stool at Hobby Lobby, and I distressed it (so fun!) and stained it to match the piano. I am pleased with how it came out. Except for the lack of glass ball & claw feet, it looks just like the antique one I saw on Ebay. And ours only cost $15!
In the far left corner is my 1940's red velvet chair, which originally belonged to my late grandmother. This comfy little chair with original finish and upholstery even survived the time in my first house when a pipe burst, flooding the room and causing the ceiling to collapse on this chair. I thought it was ruined, but a thorough drying was all it needed.
The view from the windows is my back yard. I love being able to watch Kathryn and Lacy play in the yard while I'm on the computer. Birds, squirrels, and chipmunks make frequent appearances, and I can also see the hummingbird feeder and our little garden from here.
My desk is an antique store find. It was refinished before I bought it, but it still has the original label, which tells me that this "toilet table" was originally finished in french gray, and manufactured by The Davis Cabinet Company on May 8, 1941. Pretty neat! It's just a couple of weeks older than my dad. ;-)
Currently my seat is an old doctor's stool. It doesn't match, but it's comfy and height-adjustable, and there is a slipcover in it's future. The old sofa was also my late grandmother's. I plan to reupholster it, but it's a little complicated for me to do myself, and a little too expensive for me to hire out anytime soon.
So now, tell me about your spot...


