19 October 2008

October Roses

Even in October, my roses are still blooming beautifully...

This this miniature yellow rose makes me think of little Christmas bows.yellow mini rose I love my mums, too, and this one looked so pretty with the dew still on it. mum
Isn't it amazing that God creates things like flowers? And trees that change colors in autumn? I know that things like that can all be explained scientifically, but that doesn't make it any less God's handiwork. He could've found another way to accomplish the same things, but He chose to make it beautiful. He is an Artist, and the Inventor not only of creation, but of creativity as well.

He's been trying to teach me something lately, and I am being dense. I'd like to think that I'm usually fairly teachable, pretty open to learning what He wants to teach me, but right now I'm just not "getting" it. There is a prayer He's not granting, but I know His way are not my ways. Sometimes--just for a moment--I wish they were, but if I were truly the one in control, that would indeed be scary. Been there, done that, and it doesn't work at all. Perhaps He's using this yearning for the other thing to keep me at His feet, to give me more of a yearning for Him. Every one of us has a God-shaped void in us that cannot be filled with anything but Christ. Maybe I've been trying to fill it with something other than Him.

All of that makes me think of my sweet friend Nita. She runs to Jesus literally every day because without Him, she can't bear the pain of losing her son Brock earlier this year. I've mentioned her quite a few times both here and on my Rambling Rose blog because her faith is such an inspiration to me. She recently began a blog of her own, and I know God is going to use it to bless lots of folks; she is already such a blessing to all her know her personally. If you'd like to stop in and leave a word of encouragement for Nita, visit her at Live Hard, Love Hard.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top