From the very first year I had my own home, I have always mailed Christmas cards. Many people have done away with such an antiquated tradition, but taking time to send an actual card or letter the old-fashioned way just seems special. I think I inherited some letter-sending gene from my maternal grandmother; she still has annual Christmas-letter contact with folks she hasn't laid eyes on in decades. And of course, those Christmas letters are all hand-written. When I think of my grandparents' house at Christmastime, I think of several things: a plastic, life-size (when I was little, anyway!) light-up Santa; all the "Christmas" (decor) being up by Thanksgiving; and every available shelf and doorjam in her kitchen covered with every Christmas card they had received that year. The one from President Jimmy Carter's White House still hangs framed on her wall.
As much as I would love to send every one of you a handwritten Christmas card, I just can't mail cards to ALL of my dear Blogland friends, so please consider this your Christmas card from me and my family...
As much as I would love to send every one of you a handwritten Christmas card, I just can't mail cards to ALL of my dear Blogland friends, so please consider this your Christmas card from me and my family...
May your Christmas and New Year
be blessed by the joy of togetherness,
and filled with God's goodness and grace.
Jamie, Ken, Kathryn, Brandon, & Lacy

