31 December 2008

Farewell to 2008

Happy New Year

I've never really tried to sum up the major points of a year, but it seems like a neat thing to do. I could refer back to previous blog posts (I have plans to print it into a book), and my scrapbooks, but I like the idea of having it all in one succinct little place.

In 2008...
  • We "officially" began our photography business.
  • We made the decision to adopt, and completed the necessary training.
  • We moved churches: officially joined our new church home in October 2007, but were announced to the congregation in January '08.
  • Brandon is now just six months away from high school graduation and legal adulthood.
  • We completed our second year of homeschooling and we're halfway through our third.
  • I started blogging! And then Ken. And then Kathryn!
  • We've made wonderful new friendships, especially at church, and even here in blogland.
  • Ken and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary.
  • We observed the miracle of life, right on our front door wreath with a nest of house finches!
  • We went on our first camping trip. Kathryn went fishing for the first time, and she tried--and loved--s'mores!
  • Kathryn had lots of other firsts, too: a real snowball fight; wading barefoot in a creek; going bowling; riding in a paddle boat; and riding her bike without training wheels!
  • I was trained as a Stephen Minister, and have served since summer 2008.
  • Ken and I began serving as volunteer photographers for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
  • We became a one-car family.
  • Kathryn, Ken, and I all acted in the play Anne of Green Gables.
We may not know what the new year holds for us, but the Lord does.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
I pray that we will all savor God's blessings in the coming year, and that we would not miss noticing Him at work all around us every day.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top