02 January 2009

My Husband Rocks

my husband rocks

When it comes to decorating, I'm never "done." I like to change things every now and then. So it was time to repaint the kitchen. I liked it before, but I liked the idea in my head even better. It's been four years since we moved in here and I painted it butter yellow. Remember, I come from a family of nomads, and I myself have moved 14 times. Seven of those moves have been in Kathryn's lifetime, and she's only eight!. We intend to stay here a long time, so changing a little paint is no big deal.

My dear husband puts up with all my rearranging and redecorating, and he's a good sport about it. Even more than that, he helps! He's always willing to move one more piece of furniture -- though if I ask him to move one more thing up or down the stairs, he's going to insist we install an elevator. {grin} This week he helped me repaint the kitchen, moved the refrigerator so I could get behind it, cut lengths of beadboard wallpaper for me ( I love this stuff!), and hung a new shelf on the wall. My husband ROCKS!!! And thanks to him, now my kitchen rocks, too!

This is a photo in process (with the fridge pulled out and painting tape still up). But you can see the new color. This one's of the breakfast area, after I got things put back together. See the beadboard under the chair rail? I'll take better photos later, but this gives you an idea of my new and improved kitchen. I've really been enjoying having Ken home on a two-week holiday from work -- and no, not just because he's helped with projects. This kitchen redecorating only took two days, and most of the past two weeks we've been relaxing and just hanging out together. I love my SuperMan!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top