I'm ridiculously picky about purses and such. I have yet to find the perfect purse. They are all too big or too small, too patterned or too boring, too many pockets or not enough... you get the idea. And unfortunately, I have not yet learned how to create my own.
BUT I did manage to make my own little tote bag! I've been on a search for one of those, too, and had pretty much all the same issues with them as I did with finding the "perfect" purse. All I needed was a cute little tote that would fit my Bible and my journal, with a little room to spare. So I rummaged through the box o' fabric scraps in an upstairs closet, and found just enough left over from my kitchen cabinets (as pictured in my tea junkie post) and picked a coordinating gingham for the lining. Although I can sew reasonably well, the actual operation of the sewing machine baffles me. Well, not the operation, exactly; as long as it's working the way it should, everything is fine, but when it gets a knot, or the thread runs out or anything like that, I'd have an easier time walking on the ceiling than fixing the thing. So I only use the cantankerous contraption (oh wait--I think I'm the cantankerous one here) when Ken is home.
Anywho, here's the finished product (it even has roses! Hee Hee!)...
See the cute red gingham inside? And a big rose right in the center! 
I'm just pleased as punch with how it came out! And since it was all from scrap fabric, it was free! Cute, thrifty, and useful; it just doesn't get much better than that!BUT I did manage to make my own little tote bag! I've been on a search for one of those, too, and had pretty much all the same issues with them as I did with finding the "perfect" purse. All I needed was a cute little tote that would fit my Bible and my journal, with a little room to spare. So I rummaged through the box o' fabric scraps in an upstairs closet, and found just enough left over from my kitchen cabinets (as pictured in my tea junkie post) and picked a coordinating gingham for the lining. Although I can sew reasonably well, the actual operation of the sewing machine baffles me. Well, not the operation, exactly; as long as it's working the way it should, everything is fine, but when it gets a knot, or the thread runs out or anything like that, I'd have an easier time walking on the ceiling than fixing the thing. So I only use the cantankerous contraption (oh wait--I think I'm the cantankerous one here) when Ken is home.
Anywho, here's the finished product (it even has roses! Hee Hee!)...
See the cute red gingham inside? And a big rose right in the center! 


