We are THAT Family is hosting a Christmas tree party today, and since I was planning on sharing my tree with you anyway, I decided to join in, too.
Nearly everything on my tree has some story behind it or some sentimental value. See those crocheted snowflakes and stars? The sweetest neighbor in the world, a dear little old lady name Ms. Willie Davis made those for my family when I was in high school. She had a beautiful flower garden and loved to tell you about it. She made beautiful crafts. And she was always sure to take meals and such to the "old folks" in her church (she was 80-something at the time).
I want to show you just a few of my really special ornaments, and I've got to start with the most special ornament on the tree this year.
This ornament was made by my sweet 8-year-old Kathryn as a surprise for us. She did this all on her own: thought of it, drew the design, cut the felt, and stitched the letters on the front before sewing the front & back together and stuffing it with fiberfill. She wrapped it, but was so excited about it and proud of it that she wanted us to open it together that same evening (earlier this week). It says "Jamie" on the left and "Ken" on the right, and inside the part where the two hearts intersect, she stitched "2005" for the year we were married. Y'all! How sweet is that!?!
I can't really top that, but I'll show you a few more special ornaments. There are, of course, a few teacups and teapots on the tree (as in the photo above). I have a rocking horse ornament from the year Kathryn was born, and a set of little shoes for the year she learned to walk, and a little reading bear for the year she learned to read... but Ken didn't have any special ornaments from when Brandon was little. So last year I went on a hunt online for a baby ornament from 1991, the year Brandon was born, and I found this:
It couldn't be more perfect. It's the little drummer boy, and Brandon lives and breathes drums. It has 1991 in a little heart on top of the drum. It was one of Hallmark's ornaments that year, and it came to me in it's original box.
Last year we welcomed Lacy into the family, and wanted a special ornament to celebrate. We found a greyhound ornament that looked a lot like her, even with brindle markings. The only thing it was missing was white markings on the face. So Ken painted on the appropriate markings, and now it looks exactly like Lacy! Her "room" (the laundry room) has a dutch door and she often looks over it just like this:
My mom gave us this ornament the year we were married. Our wedding was in a little gazebo near here, and right after our wedding, we danced a few songs in the gazebo before heading to our lunchtime reception at my favorite local teahouse. I was even wearing a pink, knee-length dress like the girl in the ornament.
Kathryn loves it because it's also a miniature music box; you wind the key on the bottom and open a little drawer on front and it plays music. She loves it so much, she's nearly worn out the music part because it's starting to sound a little sickly. {grin}
That's a little peak at my Christmas tree. Can't wait to see yours!

Nearly everything on my tree has some story behind it or some sentimental value. See those crocheted snowflakes and stars? The sweetest neighbor in the world, a dear little old lady name Ms. Willie Davis made those for my family when I was in high school. She had a beautiful flower garden and loved to tell you about it. She made beautiful crafts. And she was always sure to take meals and such to the "old folks" in her church (she was 80-something at the time).I want to show you just a few of my really special ornaments, and I've got to start with the most special ornament on the tree this year.
This ornament was made by my sweet 8-year-old Kathryn as a surprise for us. She did this all on her own: thought of it, drew the design, cut the felt, and stitched the letters on the front before sewing the front & back together and stuffing it with fiberfill. She wrapped it, but was so excited about it and proud of it that she wanted us to open it together that same evening (earlier this week). It says "Jamie" on the left and "Ken" on the right, and inside the part where the two hearts intersect, she stitched "2005" for the year we were married. Y'all! How sweet is that!?!I can't really top that, but I'll show you a few more special ornaments. There are, of course, a few teacups and teapots on the tree (as in the photo above). I have a rocking horse ornament from the year Kathryn was born, and a set of little shoes for the year she learned to walk, and a little reading bear for the year she learned to read... but Ken didn't have any special ornaments from when Brandon was little. So last year I went on a hunt online for a baby ornament from 1991, the year Brandon was born, and I found this:
Last year we welcomed Lacy into the family, and wanted a special ornament to celebrate. We found a greyhound ornament that looked a lot like her, even with brindle markings. The only thing it was missing was white markings on the face. So Ken painted on the appropriate markings, and now it looks exactly like Lacy! Her "room" (the laundry room) has a dutch door and she often looks over it just like this:
That's a little peak at my Christmas tree. Can't wait to see yours!


