08 January 2009

Barbie & Ken

Barbie and KenI finally found a photo from when we were in a Christmas play as retro Barbie & Ken dolls! What's funny is that this photo -- from December 2006 -- was still on my mom's digital camera, and I found this when we helped her figure out how to download photos onto her new computer! She still had photos from our March 2005 wedding on that camera, too!

Anyway, this gift set thing was a loose interpretation of a real 1950's "Date Nite Gift Set" that I thought was adorable. I made the little sign, and we wrapped a refrigerator box in gift wrap. The play was about how we get caught up in all the stuff we have to do, like buying gifts, or making sure the church play comes out just right, and we tend to forget the real meaning of Christmas. In one scene, the toys in a gift store came to life. Kathryn played a bride doll (adorable!); there was a princess doll, a raggedy anne doll, two victorian dolls, a toy soldier, and us. We did a swing dance to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree." I love these spectator pumps I borrowed from my mom. I had hoped she'd forget she loaned them to me, and they'd be MINE, all MINE, but alas -- she wanted them back.

Find more fun today at We are THAT family.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top