
Earlier this week, Kathryn participated in a local community drama troupe's performance of
The Wizard of Oz. Most of the kids are homeschooled, but a few are in public school. It's a nice mix, and they're all great kids. Kathryn is one of the youngest, so she had a small part playing a munchkin in the land of Oz. The oldest actor in the play was the 15-year-old girl who played the Wicked Witch. Dorothy and TinMan are both 14 years old, and Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion are only twelve -- but you'd never know it because they all did so well! It truly was entertaining, rather than kind of painful like kids' performance sometimes are. (C'mon, admit it!) And that was good, since we had to be there three nights in a row for the performances! {smile}

Remember the Lullaby League ballet girl munchkins? Kathryn was one of those, so they did a little dance and sang the Lullaby League song. Cute! She had a few other lines in this scene as well.

We had a real dog playing Toto! Doesn't she look like she's smiling in this photo? When I heard they were using a real dog, I did NOT think that would go well, but I was very impressed with this sweet and well-behaved little dog! Our Lacy would've panicked and either cowered in the corner somewhere, or would have ran away, dragging Dorothy off stage by the leash! I've realized that although Lacy is definitely a wonderful dog, she needs a whole lot more obedience training!!!
Today we're off to a birthday bowling party for one of the other Lullaby League munchkins, so Kathryn will get to see some of her friends from the play again today. I know she's excited!