18 February 2009

Randomness

This is a jumpy, random post; sometimes that's just how life goes!

blog carnivalCharlotte Mason Blog Carnival: It's up at Adventures on Beck's Bounty, and it looks great, but I have not yet had a chance to read the entries. I'm sure they are all splendid, and I will try to get to them later today. Grab a cup of coffee/tea and head over there yourself! Start working on those entries for next time! (I'm telling myself that, too!)

Adoption Update
: our caseworker heard back from the DHR (state of Georgia) worker who is reviewing/approving families. She says the DHR worker is still backed up because she's been assigned to work on other projects but she's suppose to be trying to get to our home study this week. Our caseworker will be checking in with her again today and will let us know if there's any update.

Gardening: Whoa, that's a topic I haven't mentioned in months! My cherry tree is already blooming, but my very ugly, muddy, dead, weedy, abandoned-looking flower garden has me thinking about all I have to do to get it looking gorgeous and healthy this spring. And it's got me Rambling on my other rosey blog, too.

Nature Study: The Great American Bird Count ended on Monday. I was going to share our tallies with you, but I think I must've thrown away my sheet after entering the numbers in online. Oops! Whether you participated or not, you can see the tallies for the birds in your areaor find a check out a few bird-related games for kids, like a printable word-find and some coloring pages, as well as an online "Guess Who's Squawkin" game to identify bird calls.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top