My peach tree is blooming (I took these photos today), and although it's young and small, the blossoms it does have are just gorgeous. Though my allergies give me puffy eyes, sniffles, and an occasional headache, I still love spring and all the symbolism, significance, and beauty in the season. The intricacies of flowers and in all of creation simply astounds me. Just look at this busy little honeybee all loaded up with his golden plunder!
Spring reminds me yet again to be intentional in all I do. I can't ignore those delicate pink blossoms. I delight in watching "my" birds and looking for signs of the next tree or plant to bloom. Spring is one of God's most beautiful ways of getting my attention. He reminds me again that I must make the most of my time (Eph. 5:16). Am I living and loving as hard--as exuberantly--as I can? Am I keeping eternity in mind as I make the most of my time here on earth? Am I making the most of my time with my husband, my kids?Last week a friend shared something with me that has had me thinking ever since. Her child had so many health issues in utero that she was encouraged to terminate the pregnancy, but my friend decided she would take however long God gave her with this child, who is now a preschooler battling brain cancer. (She is almost done with chemo and her MRI looks great -- praise God!) Because of the all the life-threatening health issues this child has faced, my friend told me that she never gets frustrated or has those hair-pulling parental moments; time is simply too precious. As I've thought about this further, I realized that we are all going to die someday, and only the Lord knows whether that will be 90 years from now, 90 seconds from now, or anywhere in-between. So why aren't we all living like my friend, and choosing to treasure every precious moment?
I know I'll still fail at this many times, and I probably still have times when I'm inclined to pull out a little of my hair, but I want to make the most of my time. I want to live and love as hard as I can. How 'bout you?


