“Give yourself permission not to know and be satisfied knowing the One who does.” – Joyce Meyer
I enjoy making lists. I'm very organized, and get extremely cranky if things are disorderly. I research things thoroughly before making decisions on things like buying a child carseat, or choosing homeschool curriculum. I'm also a BIG-time planner. I tell you all these things to make this point: I like to know what's going on!
The good Lord, of course, knows all these things about me. I believe He even created me this way for a reason, but I'm still learning to let Him steer these "gifts" in the direction He wants me to use them. I am a work in progress, and so glad to know He's not done with me yet. {grin}
Right now, and for the past couple of weeks, I have been fighting with the desire to know NOW whether or not we will be adopting those two sweet children I've been talking about lately. Just when I thought I had a clear answer, things stalled. For a month. A month that seems like forever. I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, but I don't want to give up hope, either. If only I had an answer! But then, the Lord reminds me that I must "be still and know that [He] is God." He's had to remind me of this over and over again.
What I'm s-l-o-w-l-y learning is that I don't need to know everything because God will let me know what I need to know, when I need to know it. All I really need to do is trust that He is in control. The same God who laid the foundations of the earth; the same God who told the sea, "This far and no farther will you come;" the same God who commands the morning to begin and directs the movements of the stars; the same God who knows when the mountain goats give birth and who gave the horse it's strength... this is the same God who created me and is intimately involved in the details of my life. (See Job 38-39)
It may not always be easy for me to not know, but I know the Lord of all creation, and He is most certainly worthy of my trust.

For more In "Other" Words today, please visit Mama's Little Treasures.
The good Lord, of course, knows all these things about me. I believe He even created me this way for a reason, but I'm still learning to let Him steer these "gifts" in the direction He wants me to use them. I am a work in progress, and so glad to know He's not done with me yet. {grin}
Right now, and for the past couple of weeks, I have been fighting with the desire to know NOW whether or not we will be adopting those two sweet children I've been talking about lately. Just when I thought I had a clear answer, things stalled. For a month. A month that seems like forever. I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed, but I don't want to give up hope, either. If only I had an answer! But then, the Lord reminds me that I must "be still and know that [He] is God." He's had to remind me of this over and over again.
What I'm s-l-o-w-l-y learning is that I don't need to know everything because God will let me know what I need to know, when I need to know it. All I really need to do is trust that He is in control. The same God who laid the foundations of the earth; the same God who told the sea, "This far and no farther will you come;" the same God who commands the morning to begin and directs the movements of the stars; the same God who knows when the mountain goats give birth and who gave the horse it's strength... this is the same God who created me and is intimately involved in the details of my life. (See Job 38-39)
It may not always be easy for me to not know, but I know the Lord of all creation, and He is most certainly worthy of my trust.

For more In "Other" Words today, please visit Mama's Little Treasures.

