17 May 2009

Mother's Day this year

I'm rather behind in quite a few things I've been meaning to post. All that's been going on in the last few weeks has me rather distracted. But finally, I'm getting around to posting a couple of photos from our Mother's Day this year.

This was sort of an odd Mother's Day. Grandaddy passed away the Friday morning before, and because the family (and the funeral home, I think) didn't want to have the visitation on Mother's Day, everything was sort of in limbo. We spent much of Friday and Saturday at my aunt Beckie's house. Grieving, but relieved that Grandaddy was at peace. Not really able to do much of anything since the funeral wasn't until Tuesday.

The morning of Mother's Day, my uncle George took my mom, her two sisters, and my grandmother out to brunch. Ken and Kathryn and I went to church. Later in the day, we went over to mom's for a little while to give her a plant a card, but she was exhausted and still had things to do, so we didn't stay long. Mom mildly protested having her picture made since she was running on very little sleep, but I love this one where we're all kind of laughing.

I'm blessed to be a mother, and to have such a wonderful mother. And I'm blessed with a wonderful family. Many of us--the extended, third-cousin kind of family--hadn't seen each other in years until Grandaddy's funeral, but there's already talk of a family reunion in the works. I love that most of my family lives so nearby, and the rest are only a couple of states away. Our family is pretty prolific, so when we have a reunion, it's a BIG one!!!

I'd appreciate prayers for my grandmother, that she'll agree to move in with my aunt. She doesn't need to be by herself. Partly because of the loneliness after 65 years with my grandfather, but also because of her health. Thanks. ♥

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top