This morning I participated in the Walk for Life. My friend Gay volunteers there as a counselor, and I loved the wonderful time we had to talk as we walked. It was so great to see all the others there walking in support of this ministry as well. Gay completed her training a few months ago, and has been working at CPS one day a week. Recently she had the privilege of praying with one of those women as she received Christ; what a blessing for them both!Our cute t-shirts have this verse on them:
At this church, appropriately named Grace Community Church, there is a rose garden, enclosed by a white picket fence. It's beautiful. At the center of this small garden, there is a memorial to all the babies who have taken "early flight" to heaven. On either side of this plaque are two posts with many tiny plaques up and down the sides; each is dedicated by the parents in honor of their baby. I should've thought to take a picture, but I was too caught up in the moment to think of it. Some of those babies, I think, were stillborn or miscarriages, but many were aborted. Most had names and a reference to a Bible verse. Some said the baby's name, and "We'll hold you in heaven." Several just said,"For your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth." Psalm 26:3
"To my Unborn Baby:
I'm so sorry"
One of the great things that CPS does is offer post-abortion counseling. I met one of the wonderful ladies who leads that Bible study, who has herself experienced the grace and love of Christ after years of running away from God because of the guilt from her own abortion. At the completion of this Bible study, the women have a memorial service for their aborted babies, and may add a tiny plaque to the rose garden. It's a beautiful yet heartbreaking thing.
It was just this past Monday that I committed to doing this walk, and began requesting donation pledges. Read more about the specifics here. I have such generous friends and family! In less than one week, family and friends near and far, including a blog friend I've never met in real life, committed to donating $500 to Cobb Pregnancy Services! I love y'all! Your financial contribution has helped prevent abortion and share the love of Christ, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
When I find out about the total of all contributions from the walk, I'll let you know.
It was just this past Monday that I committed to doing this walk, and began requesting donation pledges. Read more about the specifics here. I have such generous friends and family! In less than one week, family and friends near and far, including a blog friend I've never met in real life, committed to donating $500 to Cobb Pregnancy Services! I love y'all! Your financial contribution has helped prevent abortion and share the love of Christ, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
When I find out about the total of all contributions from the walk, I'll let you know.

