The rose I transplanted and brutally pruned is blooming, so I didn't kill it. Hurray! My hydrangea is blooming such a lovely shade of blue. We have harvested some cucumbers, which means yummy cucumber sandwiches with my tea. And, as happens every year, my daylillies began blooming the week of my birthday, even though all the others I see at homes nearby bloom before then. My birthday gift from my flower garden, I suppose. {smile}

This is the fourth year in a row that my supposedly annual gerber daisy made an appearance. Wish I hadn't dug up the others. I just forgot this one, and was so pleasantly surprised when it showed up again! And again!
I have plenty of roses, which are my birth flower, and Brandon's. Year before last, we planted some asters, which are Kathryn's birth flower. Ken's birth flower is the gladiola, and I wanted to plant some of those, too. Then this showed up this year. And I can NOT, for the life of me, remember planting it. I'm not always good about writing down everything in my garden journal, but I am great about saving plant tags, and I don't have one for this. I have no idea how it got here, but I love the creamy yellow color.
I have plenty of roses, which are my birth flower, and Brandon's. Year before last, we planted some asters, which are Kathryn's birth flower. Ken's birth flower is the gladiola, and I wanted to plant some of those, too. Then this showed up this year. And I can NOT, for the life of me, remember planting it. I'm not always good about writing down everything in my garden journal, but I am great about saving plant tags, and I don't have one for this. I have no idea how it got here, but I love the creamy yellow color.
I don't know if y'all have these up north, or in other countries, but honeysuckle grows just about everywhere around here. It smells delicious. You can pinch off the little bottom of the blossom and suck out a tiny drop of nectar that tastes like honey. It's an essential part of summer in the South.
When I go out to the garden, particularly in the morning, the aroma of my lavender, roses, and gardenias mixes in with a bit of honeysuckle and assorted other flowers, and I am absolutely convinced that heaven must smell just like that.

When I go out to the garden, particularly in the morning, the aroma of my lavender, roses, and gardenias mixes in with a bit of honeysuckle and assorted other flowers, and I am absolutely convinced that heaven must smell just like that.

