18 August 2009

School Photos

This week, on the Not Back-to-School Blog Hop, the topic is Student Photos. How fun!


So without further ado, let's get to some fun brand-new school year photos!

Monday was Brandon's first day of C-O-L-L-E-G-E!!! Oddly enough, it was also the very first time I've ever woken him up to get ready for school. He went to public school in the county where his mom lives, so he was never here for school mornings, but we are closer to the local university he's attending, and his classes begin at 8AM, so he'll likely be spending a lot of school nights at our house.

Brandon's mom requested a "first day of college" photo, so I followed him out to the car for one quick photo; he humored me, in spite of running late & being stressed out. My one shot at that photo came out blurry, so today when he came to have lunch with us between classes, I snapped this one... college guy

Lindsey is brand spankin' new to homeschooling. Friday will be her first day of classes, but we've been doing some school at home already. The other day, I added up how many days of school she will have done by the end of the month, and she couldn't figure out how she'd have that many. I pointed out various things we'd been doing, and how they counted as school. She was flabbergasted. She said, "I didn't know we already started school!!!"

I told her homeschool is sneaky like that. Bwahaha!!!

Ken took this photo in front of some graffiti at my old high school, right down the road from where we live. (I'd love to have this as a backdrop for a senior session, but they'll probably powerwash it off soon.) How do you like Lindsey's stylin' new glasses? We got them last Friday. graffiti girl
We started full school days for Kathryn yesterday, but actually did some shorter school days last week. I took this photo last night, when my big little girl made supper. She's getting so tall! I love that she's already learning real-life skills like cooking; I think things like this are a very important part of our learning lifestyle. little cook
I am SO blessed by being mom to these kids, whether "step" or adopted or by birth. I can't wait to see what they'll be teaching me this year, too.

Oops! Wait, I missed a student!
Lacy the WonderDog is homeschooled, too, you know!WonderDog This photo made me laugh because she looks like she's rolling her eyes at me. I think this is how all our kids feel when we start snapping photos, because we're always saying, "Just ONE more!"


P.S. -- In just ONE week from today, we'll be headed to Africa!!!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top