Kathryn had a bit of a cold the first part of the week, and Lindsey had no classes this week, so we took things a little easy. We did quite a bit of reading, reorganized closets, and spent time sitting on the back porch enjoying the cooler weather. We all love fall!
Lindsey worked on a report for English class, but had no other assignments on her off week. Both girls updated their blogs. Kathryn did a few Horizons math lessons, and played some multiplication games on the computer. We talked about the book she just finished on George Mueller (Father to the Fatherless), and I may have her try writing down a bit of her narration.
This week in Biology, Kathryn and I learned about the biosphere and what ecology is. She's getting better at finding the definition of her vocabulary words in context.
She also finished up the travel journal pages for Ireland. Thursday evening, I made Irish Stew, from our Usborne "Little Round the World Cookbook," but used beef instead of lamb, as called for in the original recipe. Lindsey said it is her new favorite meal. I am a little bit in love with the Rachel Ray enameled blue cast iron stew pot my mom gave me. (Thanks, Mom!)

Kathryn is enjoying her Brownie meetings, and I think she feels all official with her little sash. She's working on more patches.

Lindsey has joined a team to help lead worship in Kid's Church, so she'll be on stage dancing and singing as the K-3rd grade kids worship. Next Sunday is her first weekend, and Kathryn has been helping her practice. This would really be fun to do a few days every week (if we're not too lazy!); it helps Lindsey learn the routines, it would be great exercise, and it's a fun way to worship God, too!
Hope your week has been great!


