29 October 2009

Why I'm such a slacker lately...

Wow. It's Thursday, and I haven't blogged this week. I've hardly blogged at all lately! Why?

I'm having a little trouble figuring out when to blog these days. I used to type up my blog posts in the evening, after Kathryn was in bed. But that was before Lindsey joined the family. Now we're all making an effort not to be on the computer after supper-time, so we can keep that as (mostly) technology-free family time. So with blogging, as with many other things, I've got to re-adjust how I do it.

Another excuse: I've had very little energy; post-crud asthma is not fun.

And we've been busier than usual. A little of what we've been up to:
We had the opportunity to be judges for the photography division of an elementary school PTA-sponsored art contest. FUN! We finished up our scoring early this week.

We've been blessed with a few portrait sessions recently, we've had a few meetings with 2010 brides, and we've had a lot of photo editing, as well as updating our website and business blog. (All without being on the computer in the evenings = tough!) We're very thankful for every bit of business we have!

Two Saturdays ago, I had a continuing education class for Stephen Ministry, and after dropping me off, Ken drove Lindsey out (about an hour and a half away) to her little brother's house to celebrate his 9th birthday. That afternoon I spent a little while shopping with my mom, while Ken put new shocks and brake pads on the Durango, and then went to pick Lindsey back up. Yes, my day was more fun than Ken's, but he's such a good husband and father! Ken really is my super-man!
Lindsey and her brother
Lindsey with her little brother.

On Wednesday of this week, Lindsey was super-excited to be the first one to drop a pumpkin from a cherry picker thirty feet in the air for some goofy youth-group thing. (Her youth minister and I had a funny twitter conversation about this whole thing.) Ken and Kathryn went to watch, and of course, Ken took photos. {grin} You can see how excited Lindsey was, and Ken's posted the results of the pumpkin drop on his blog.
pumpkin drop
Preparing for the pumpkin drop!

I volunteered to host a ladies get-together for our Sunday school class, but I had to cancel because I've felt so yucky. (Sorry ladies -- I'll do it soon!!!)

Then, of course, there's all the usual things like school and housework and such. I have been very much a slacker in the exercise department, too. I hope to change that as soon as I can breathe properly again!

OH! I almost forgot to mention this big news: we have a court date in December for Lindsey's adoption! We're all thrilled that we'll have that done and official before Christmas, before the end of the year, and before Lindsey's birthday! AND we updated our family photo (see my sidebar).

So, that's why I'm such a slacker. Hang in there with me, though. I have no shortage of things to blog about, just lacking the time and energy to do much of it. Even if no one read my blog, I'd still keep blogging because it's such a great way to keep up with what we do, when we do it, how I feel about it, and so on. I can't even count how many times I've referred to my blog to find out when we did something! It's like scrapbooking, only more interactive, and more detailed. I ♥ blogging!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top