Almost all of our family is local, so we never go out of town for Christmas, but we do usually end up driving hither and thither. (I just don't get to use those words often enough!) The first of our family festivities was the Sunday before Christmas, and our last family get-together the day after Christmas. All together, we had SIX different family gatherings: two in south Georgia, one in north Georgia, one just around the corner, and two in our own living room.
Instead of Christmas morning, we did our family Christmas on "Little Christmas Eve" (the 23rd) because that's when everyone could be here. Lindsey screamed delightedly when she opened her zebra-print Snuggie from Granma. She was really tickled about her zebra cell phone case, too! Can you tell she likes zebra stuff? She also got new clothes, earrings, a zebra-striped journal, and two new books: It's Not About Me: Teen Edition (Max Lucado) and For Young Women Only (Shaunti Feldhaun).

Kathryn loved her gifts as well, including a butterfly watch, a doll, a 2010 puppies calendar, a constellation projection kit, some Littlest Pet Shop toys, and the complete set of Anne of Green Gables books. My mom and I gave each other a wrap; it's really funny how often we do things like that. We're alike in many ways, and I'm completely okay with that. {grin} 
Ken seldom buys anything for himself, so we usually buy him very functional gifts like clothes, and we did get him a few of those sorts of things, but I love when I can find something he really wants. This year, that was two of the photography books he's been wanting, as well as a new hand-grip for his camera. 
It's always so nice when Brandon and Diane have time to hang out with us. One thing we wrapped up for them (even though they knew we were giving it to them) was a CD of the images from their fall photo session. Another gift we gave Brandon was his favorite cookies-n-creme chocolate bar -- and then we all sampled it! {tee hee!} 
I've been itching for bookcases for a few years now, but we thought we'd have to build them to make them look right. However, I found some at IKEA (my new favorite store!) that fit perfectly on either side of our living room window, and we got them discounted because the boxes were damaged. So for less than $80, I have fabulous new bookcases! I loved my other gifts, too: the turquoise cross pendant the girls gave me, the felt heart Lindsey made, and homemade coupons from Lindsey for things like "text-free day" or "long conversation over a cup of tea." I remember making coupons like that for my mom, and she still has them! (Please take note of the ever-so-lovely bookcases behind me!!!)
We gathered at my dad's house in the mountains on Christmas eve. Two years ago, we did a picture of my dad with all his girls, but it needed to be updated since Lindsey has joined the family. So here we all are: Dad's two daughters, four granddaughters, and one great-granddaughter...
Brandon spent Christmas afternoon with us, and we had dinner at my aunt Beckie's house that evening. Since my Granmama wasn't feeling well enough to come to Thanksgiving, we were very glad she was able to come to Christmas. We all miss my Grandaddy, and I think this month in particular has been hard on my grandmother in her first holiday season without him.
All the gifts and food are wonderful, and I'm very thankful for all my countless blessings. However, the best gifts -- such as my husband, our children, and time with our family -- cannot be contained by pretty wrapping paper. (Okay, maybe they could, but they wouldn't like it much!).

Most of all, I'm so thankful for the gift of Christ in my life. Without Him, my life would be pointless and devoid of hope; with Christ, there is joy too big to be contained.
Instead of Christmas morning, we did our family Christmas on "Little Christmas Eve" (the 23rd) because that's when everyone could be here. Lindsey screamed delightedly when she opened her zebra-print Snuggie from Granma. She was really tickled about her zebra cell phone case, too! Can you tell she likes zebra stuff? She also got new clothes, earrings, a zebra-striped journal, and two new books: It's Not About Me: Teen Edition (Max Lucado) and For Young Women Only (Shaunti Feldhaun).






All the gifts and food are wonderful, and I'm very thankful for all my countless blessings. However, the best gifts -- such as my husband, our children, and time with our family -- cannot be contained by pretty wrapping paper. (Okay, maybe they could, but they wouldn't like it much!).


