As the mom of a teen daughter, there are definitely moments that make me crazy. We haven't been part of each other's lives for all that long (yet!), and I do think some of the aggravations will lessen as we continue to get to know each other better. But I have some variation of the same issues with Kathryn sometimes, too, so it's primarily just part of being a mom -- and relying on Christ to get through the difficult days.
Sometimes, though, I am given the gift of perspective.
Like today.
We did our family Christmas this evening. (More about that in another post.) Lindsey wanted me to open this last...
It's a felt heart with stitches up the middle. In case you can't read the note in the photo, it says:
Perspective: it doesn't make everything easy, but it reminds me of exactly why I signed up for my God-ordained job as mom.
I am truly blessed.
Sometimes, though, I am given the gift of perspective.
Like today.
We did our family Christmas this evening. (More about that in another post.) Lindsey wanted me to open this last...

Thank you for being my Momma and healing my broken heart with your love. It means so much to me to finally be a part of a real family. I love you so much! Love always, Lindsey
Perspective: it doesn't make everything easy, but it reminds me of exactly why I signed up for my God-ordained job as mom.
I am truly blessed.

