I am comfortable. Yes, there are things I'd change if I could, and my life is far from perfect, but I am comfortable. There's one problem with that: God doesn't call me to be comfortable.
I've already learned that God doesn't like me in my comfort zone. Last time He called me out of it, I ended up on an airplane to Africa. The time before that, we decided to adopt a teenager. Both scared the daylights out of me. And both have been huge blessings.
I pray for big things, like, "Break my heart with the things that break Your heart," and then I'm dumbfounded when He does exactly that.
He puts friends in my life who challenge me: those who have chosen to downsize in a world of more; others who are trusting God to determine their family size; some who have adopted medically fragile children...
I've already learned that God doesn't like me in my comfort zone. Last time He called me out of it, I ended up on an airplane to Africa. The time before that, we decided to adopt a teenager. Both scared the daylights out of me. And both have been huge blessings.

I pray for big things, like, "Break my heart with the things that break Your heart," and then I'm dumbfounded when He does exactly that.
He puts friends in my life who challenge me: those who have chosen to downsize in a world of more; others who are trusting God to determine their family size; some who have adopted medically fragile children...
I want my life to look different, because I am different; Christ has changed me from the inside out. I don't want my life to make sense to unbelievers; I want to live a crazy-love kind of life. But it's scary. I wonder how long it will be before I'll learn to recognize His voice immediately and do what He calls me to do right away, without question. {sigh}
In years past, I sometimes I stuck my figurative fingers in my ears trying my best not to listen to Him -- so maybe I am making a little spiritual progress after all. {wink}
In years past, I sometimes I stuck my figurative fingers in my ears trying my best not to listen to Him -- so maybe I am making a little spiritual progress after all. {wink}
He's calling me to be uncomfortable. I just don't yet know exactly what that looks like...

