In last week's blast-from-the-past, I blamed my wimpiness in sports primarily upon my claim to be a runt. I would now like to prove my point:
This photo is a group of girls all gussied up and ready to head to the 6th grade end-of-year dance. We are all the same age. Any guess which one is me? Yep, I'm the runt in the middle. Besides the fact that I'm way littler than the others, I am also the only one who had not, um, developed already! And back to the sore subject of P.E. class for a minute, how was it fair to make little ol' me compete against people this much bigger!?!
This was 1985, when those shell necklaces were really cool and you could only buy them at the beach. Three (or four?) us are wearing them, but I had not been to the beach that spring break, so I didn't have one. Instead, I'm wearing a necklace that says "Jamie" - you know, in case I forgot my name, or maybe so I could just skip introductions entirely. Ooo, and look at the feathered hair on my friend on the far left! And the poofy hair on the others! Mine is just long and straight, as it almost always was, and my attempt at a hip hair style is the tiny spiky bangs. I'm probably wearing Love's Baby Soft perfume; anybody remember that?
This making fun of myself is oddly enjoyable so thanks to Kristen for coming up with this! Visit Sincerely Fro' Me to You to see the other participants this week! Next week, I may venture into an early childhood Star Wars obsession...

This photo is a group of girls all gussied up and ready to head to the 6th grade end-of-year dance. We are all the same age. Any guess which one is me? Yep, I'm the runt in the middle. Besides the fact that I'm way littler than the others, I am also the only one who had not, um, developed already! And back to the sore subject of P.E. class for a minute, how was it fair to make little ol' me compete against people this much bigger!?!This was 1985, when those shell necklaces were really cool and you could only buy them at the beach. Three (or four?) us are wearing them, but I had not been to the beach that spring break, so I didn't have one. Instead, I'm wearing a necklace that says "Jamie" - you know, in case I forgot my name, or maybe so I could just skip introductions entirely. Ooo, and look at the feathered hair on my friend on the far left! And the poofy hair on the others! Mine is just long and straight, as it almost always was, and my attempt at a hip hair style is the tiny spiky bangs. I'm probably wearing Love's Baby Soft perfume; anybody remember that?
This making fun of myself is oddly enjoyable so thanks to Kristen for coming up with this! Visit Sincerely Fro' Me to You to see the other participants this week! Next week, I may venture into an early childhood Star Wars obsession...


