04 June 2008

Summertime!

pool timeAh, summer. It may not be here according to the calendar, but it's in full swing in Georgia; today was 94 degrees! So I was "the sweetest mama in the world" (words my child uses to butter me up when she wants me to do something!) and took Kathryn to the pool today. She was a very happy girl, and that makes me a happy mama! And check out the really cute, really discounted, modest, SPF 50 swimsuit! I love Land's End overstocks!

Last night I got extra sweet mama points by surprising her with a just-because gift of new Legos. She's been playing with them non-stop (except for sleeping and going to the pool) since then!Lego fun We "officially" finished first grade last week, although we do still have some things we'll continue to do through the summer. I haven't decided exactly when we'll start our 2nd grade year, but most likely it'll be the first of August. I still have to finish up my summaries for our 1st grade record-keeping, and then I'll complete next year's lesson plan and order the remainder of the books we'll need for 2nd grade. I did some testing at the end of this year, including the California Acheivement Test, and Kathryn did as well as I expected. I wanted to have records for myself, but also want her to feel that testing is no big deal so that when we are required to do it in 3rd grade, she won't feel pressured. bobble-head Lacy

Another sign of summer in Georgia: the mosquitos are out in full force, and they just LOVE me. Guess I'm extra sweet! {grin} The honey bees are really busy, too, especially on the clover. Can anyone tell me how to make my dog STOP trying to bite the bees? (Doesn't she look like a bobble-head dog in this photo? Ha ha ha!)

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top