15 June 2008

Biker Gang

In honor of Father's day today, I want to introduce you to our own little biker gang...
Memorial Day rideThis photo was taken (not by me, I wasn't there) at a veterans' Memorial Day ride a couple of years ago in Florida. On the left is my dad, then my uncle George, my aunt Culline and uncle Bill. George is my mom's big brother, who was known throughout school as "Bubba." He lives just a few miles away from us and often hosts family cookouts. Growing up, his daughter Shannon and I were nearly inseparable, so she spent a lot of time at my house, and I spent a lot of time at her house. Culline is my mom's younger sister, and Bill is her husband. They're my cousin Matt's parents, and owner of the cute furry puppies I posted about a while back. If you look at that puppy post, the shoe belongs to my uncle Bill. He is such a softie, especially when it comes to little furry critters, but when I was a kid, I thought he was really scary and would hide behind chairs when he came in the room. {smile} Bill retired from the Navy just a few years ago, and they live in Pensacola, not far from the Navy base. In this photo, I can't tell who's bike is who's, but Dad and Bill ride Harleys, and I think George rides a Yamaha; Culline prefers just being a passenger. My cousin Matt also rides. Actually, Ken's dad is a biker, too, and he bought a Harley a year or so ago. Even Papa (Ken's grandfather) has a scooter! And when my grandparent's met 60-something years ago, my Grandaddy rode a motorcycle. I suppose it's in the genes - or maybe that should be "jeans" - that Ken and I are also licensed to ride, and we both had our own bikes in the past. Neither of us has one now, but with gas prices as they are, Ken has considered getting another one after we sell his Jeep. Betcha didn't know I was part of a biker gang. {grin}

fathers day 2007I took this photo last year on Father's Day. Brandon's on the left, then Ken, his dad Raymond, and grandfather (Papa). Four generations; what a blessing!

So anyway, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my husband, our dads, our uncles, our grandfathers, and ALL the other dads out there!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top